Tuesday, December 18, 2012

No Pencils to Sharpen. WHAT?

Let me tell you about one of my experiences last week.  Things were a little crazy at the end of the day (when aren't they!) and the students did not have time to complete their class jobs before they left for the day.  After I finished my prep work, I started doing some of the jobs that I knew would need to be done for tomorrow.  One of the jobs that is a daily MUST is to make sure we have sharp pencils for the following morning.  I walked over to my dull pencil container and it was empty.  What?  Normally it contains 10-20 dull pencils that need to be sharpened.

As I reflected back on my day, I realized that the only time my students even used a pencil was for their math test.  And quite honestly, if I had not already made all of the copies for the math tests over the summer, I wouldn't even of had them doing those with pencil and paper.  AMAZING!

Anytime I go to make copies, I stop and ask myself, is this something that I could put into DropBox and have students do in Notability?  If the answer is yes, then I don't make a copy.  Simple as that!

Another thing I have noticed is that my garbage can, which used to be overflowing by the end of each day, is rarely even half way full.  I absolutely LOVE the changes that are going on in my classroom and can't wait to see what other ways I can come up with to make my iPads a useful tool for each of my students!

Until next time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment